Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Women of God


“Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.” --Margaret Nadauld.

How I love this quote! Truly, I love the entire talk it was given in, but this quote really sums it up. This is what I aspire to be in my lifetime. I still have so far to go, but that's ok. I'm trying and I hope I am improving. I also hope that by my self-improvement I can also improve my loved-ones' lives and thoughts and attitudes. There are many things I want to do and be in life, but above all else I hope I am remembered like this.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I just became a follower!

    I agree with you. I've always enjoyed this quote as well.
    But I always have a problem with the first part. Not to be tough, but tender. Can't we be both? Idk, I've always felt like, especially being a Mom, that we need to be tough. Anyway, the rest I completely agree with too. I want to be more like this quote. :)

    ReplyDelete