Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wake-up Call

It is amazing how you can be going along through life thinking that you are doing great, and then wake up one day and realize that you're not. You realize that you aren't completely living up to and fulfilling the standards that you believe in and espouse. You realize that there are so many little things you have stopped doing; that they have added up; that they are going to cause big problems if you don't change soon. You realize that, despite good intentions, you have let yourself slip.

A wake-up call like this can really be demoralizing. It is hard to admit that we are not perfect and that sometimes we have been living an example of “do as I say, not as I do”. But I am grateful for the wake-up call I recently had. I am glad that I realized what was going on and why I was starting to become a lot more unhappy with many things in my life. I am grateful for the opportunity I now have to focus and re-commit to the things I hold dear. The downs I experience are necessary if I truly want to be able to appreciate the ups in life. I hope to have enough humility to be able to stop and consider myself and my actions, instead of going through life being unable to admit wrongs because of fear. So here I go again, feeling like I have to re-start on goals I committed to a long time ago, but excited for the positive effects that the changes I make will bring!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to read your blog. I love blogs. I just don't post on mine!

    As for wake-up calls, I know that difficult times tend to wake me up. My previous marriage was one of those for the most part. I have realized how much happier I am when I am doing what I know I should be doing. (Having a GREAT husband doesn't hurt either!)

    ReplyDelete