Monday, April 26, 2010

Mmmm...Cake

Today is my birthday! So Happy Birthday to me! (and my twin sister, Krysta!) One of my favorite things about birthdays is the cake. In fact I like cake so much that I started following a website called Cake Wrecks, it is hilarious! Click here for the link. Anyway, I decided to just look around the world wide web and see what I could find about birthday cakes and I found this:

The service of a birthday cake is often preceded by the singing of Happy Birthday to You in English speaking countries, or an equivalent birthday song. In fact, the phrase "Happy Birthday" did not appear on birthday cakes until the song Happy Birthday to You was popularized in the early 1900s.”

There you go! Random birthday trivia and a link to a great site that will keep you laughing for hours! Think of it as my Happy Birthday present to you :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And what an interesting fact. I never knew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cakewrecks! I look at it everyday! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete