Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book List

Several of the blogs I have been following lately have come out with their "favorite books" or "current books" or just "recommended" book lists. I have decided to do the same. The following are some books that are my all-time favorites, and some that I have read recently and are quite good.
*Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
*Les Miserables- Victor Hugo
*The Belgariad Series- David Eddings
*These is My Words- Nancy Turner
*Freakonomics- Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
*The Sword of Shannara- Terry Brooks (and as many of the subsequent books as you like)
*Romeo and Juliet- William Shakespeare (not technically a book, I know)

2 comments:

  1. The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien
    To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
    1984 - George Orwell
    Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
    Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne
    Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery
    Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
    Travels with Charley - John Steinbeck
    East of Eden - John Steinbeck (my all time favorite novel, and novelist)
    The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
    Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson

    Those are my favorites, off-hand. I could go on, but I'll give you a chance to catch up first...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and from the non-fiction section:

    Manufacturing Consent - Noam Chomsky
    A People's History of the United States - Howard Zinn
    Accidental Empires - Robert X. Cringely

    ReplyDelete